TLC started our academic year on August 26th. TLC had a successful “Open House” on August 23rd. We welcome two new teachers this fall, Shari Hammett for our two year class and Skylar Ondrick for our four year class. We also welcome three assistants: Paige Braxton, Kelsie Collins, and Angelia Lawson.
The TLC Staff would like to thank AUMC for recognizing us on September 22. Your generosity is appreciated. TLC gained quite a few elementary students from Elon Elementary for our Before & After School Program as the YMCA-Program closed.
Fall is always an exciting time for children. Our staff have many creative projects planned to celebrate all the special holidays that are part of fall.
TLC has contacted Monelison Fire Department and requested a visit during Fire Prevention Week which is October 8 thru October 12. We are waiting for a date from the fire department and will announce that information when we have confirmation.
TLC plans a fundraiser for November. We will be selling kitchen knives. More information including the dates of the fundraiser will be announced by late October.
Santa and Mrs. Santa will be visiting TLC on December 3rd at 9:30 a.m.
TLC and Melody Makers will present our Christmas Music Program in December. We have the tentative date of December 19th at 5:30. Confirmation of the date will be announced.
For Chapel this fall we started with Heroes of the Bible for September. For October we will concentrate on “The Pumpkin Gospel”. For those unfamiliar “The Pumpkin Gospel” concentrates on Jesus cleaning out the gunk inside us and putting his light inside us like a happy Jack-O-Lantern. For November we study the fruits of the spirit. For Advent and Christmas we will journey with Mary, Joseph, the shepherds and the Magi to greet our Savior.
TLC’s fall closings are as follows:
- November 28 & 29 Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 24 Open 1⁄2 day for Christmas Eve (6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- December 25 Closed for Christmas Day
- December 26 Closed Day after Christmas
- January 1 Closed for New Year’ s Day
- Our Pre-K classes are doing well and are expected to be full by January, our Before & After School program which serves Amelon, Elon, and Madison Heights Elementary Schools is full. For information on how to place a child on the waiting list for either program contact the TLC office by phone or e-mail: 434-929-2880 or email@example.com Remember to like us on Facebook.Blessings, Teresa Loving
TLC Summer & Fall Program
Learning & Fun for Your Child
Hours of Operation: 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Pre-school : 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Childcare 12:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
State of the art playground by Max Playfit
Morning Snack Provided
Children’s chapel once a week
Thematic study units and Active Learning Curriculum
(PALS) Phonological Assessment and Literacy Screenings prior to entering kindergarten
10 Students per Class for 3 to 5 Year Olds
8 Students per Class for 2 Year Olds
Teresa Loving, TLC Director
Like us on Facebook: TLC
Please feel free to contact Teresa Loving with any questions or concerns.