Employment Opportunity :
Youth Director Needed at Amelon United Methodist Church
Amelon is searching for a Youth Director. This is a paid, part-time, non-exempt position. The Youth Director is responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising all activities for the Junior and Senior Youth (6th-12thgrades). This individual helps translate the church mission and vision to inspire youth to grow spiritually and fully participate in all church programs while enjoying the fellowship of other youth and other church members.
- Provide spiritual guidance and mentorship to youth and consult and involve the Pastor when needed to provide a strong pastoral support system.
- Plan fun activities targeted toward teens which include activities focused on discovering their spiritual gifts/talents to enhance their relationship with God or to share with others.
- Promote outreach ministry to youth that have visited the church and other youth who are searching for a church home.
- Develop an annual activities calendar that is approved through the Administrative Council and distributed to all parents and the Church Administrative Assistant.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with activities on and off-site.
- Maintain records for monthly reporting to the church.
- Publicize and communicate youth sponsored events.
- Schedule fund-raising events quarterly involving youth planning and participation.
- Oversee collection and handling of all money regarding the Youth Program and submit monies to the Church Administrative Assistant or Treasurer for deposit and credit to youth budget account.
- Submit budget annually to Finance Committee for estimated expenses.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Plan Youth Sunday Services with Pastor, Music Director, and others as needed.
- High School diploma or GED
- Willingness to certify as a Youth Director through the United Methodist Church
- Working with youth through Sunday School, Bible Study, Vacation Bible School, Youth Program
- Applicants will relate well to youth, have a warm and friendly personality, and treat all with dignity and respect. Applicants will be well organized and able to build strong relationships with youth and their families. Applicants will have a passion for Christ and compassion for others.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by
January 20, 2019.
“To Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.”